Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hollandaise Sauce

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Hollandaise Sauce Empty
PostSubject: Hollandaise Sauce   Hollandaise Sauce EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:56 pm

http://leitesculinaria.com/83429/recipes-classic-hollandaise-sauce.html

Classic Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
8 to 10 servings

Ingredients

2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons cold water
1 teaspoon lightly crushed white peppercorns
4 large egg yolks
2 sticks unsalted butter, clarified (see LC Classic Hollandaise Sauce Note above) or melted
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
A pinch cayenne pepper

Directions

1. Place the vinegar, water, and crushed peppercorns in a small, heavy-based saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until reduced by 1/3 of its volume, about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool slightly.
2. Strain the liquid into a heatproof bowl. Whisking constantly, add the egg yolks to the liquid and whisk until combined. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water, being careful not to let the base of the bowl touch the water, and whisk until the mixture thickens and becomes creamy, smooth, and ribbon-like in texture, 5 to 6 minutes.
3. Whisking constantly, slowly add the clarified butter in a thin stream and continue to whisk until the sauce becomes thick and glossy. Add the lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper and a little cayenne to taste.
4. Serve the sauce immediately.

Hollandaise Sauce Variations

Maltaise (Blood Orange) Hollandaise Sauce
Replace the lemon juice in the basic hollandaise sauce with the grated zest and juice of 2 blood oranges. I love this sauce with asparagus.
Mousseline Hollandaise Sauce
Fold in a scant 1/4 cup lightly whipped cream just before serving. An ideal accompaniment for hot asparagus or poached fish.
Mustard Hollandaise Sauce
Add 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard to the finished hollandaise sauce. Wonderful served with grilled fish, vegetables and chicken.
Ginger Hollandaise Sauce
Peel and grate a 1-inch piece fresh ginger and heat it with the butter when clarifying, then proceed as in the main recipe. I love this hollandaise sauce, as the ginger adds a lively kick. Ideal with fish or shellfish.
Caviar Hollandaise Sauce
This and the following sauce are for when you really want to impress. Add 2 tablespoons sevruga caviar to the finished sauce, and serve with poached fish.
Black Truffle Hollandaise Sauce
Add 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or canned black truffles to the finished hollandaise sauce. Fantastic with fish, vegetables such as asparagus or artichokes, and poached eggs.
Mixed Peppercorn Hollandaise Sauce
Add 1/2 teaspoon each lightly crushed green and pink peppercorns to the finished hollandaise sauce. Wonderful with fish, steaks, and duck and lamb cutlets.
Basil Hollandaise Sauce
Add a handful basil leaves to the finished hollandaise sauce. Lovely with fish, shellfish such as crab, and egg dishes.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Hollandaise Sauce Empty
PostSubject: Blender Hollandaise Sauce   Hollandaise Sauce EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:36 pm

http://addapinch.com/cooking/2013/01/06/easy-blender-hollandaise-sauce-recipe/
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce Recipe from addapinch.com

Prep time 5 mins
Total time 5 mins

This recipe for easy blender hollandaise sauce is a quick and simple version of the classic hollandaise sauce recipe.
Author: Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch
Serves: 1 cup

Ingredients

3 egg yolks
1 tablespoon lemon juice
8 tablespoons salted butter
1 tablespoon hot water
pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)

Instructions
  1. Melt the butter in microwave or in a small pot over the stove. Allow the butter to begin to bubble, but not reach a full boil.
  2. As butter is melting, add egg yolks and lemon juice into your blender. Blend at a medium to medium high setting until the egg yolk lightens to a light yellow color. This will take about 20-30 seconds.
  3. Slowly drizzle the hot butter into your egg yolks while your blender is at the medium setting. Use a clean kitchen cloth to prevent any spatters of the hot butter onto you as you are pouring.
  4. Add hot water as a final step in blending your hollandaise sauce.
  5. If you prefer your hollandaise sauce a bit thinner, add hot water a tablespoon at a time, pulsing after each addition until the hollandaise reaches the consistency you prefer.
  6. You may add more lemon juice if you prefer more lemon flavor in your hollandaise, as well.
  7. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper to final hollandaise sauce (optional)

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Hollandaise Sauce
Page 1 of 1