Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creamy Italian Salad Dressing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Creamy Italian Salad Dressing Empty
PostSubject: Creamy Italian Salad Dressing   Creamy Italian Salad Dressing EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 11:30 pm

http://jenniferskitchen.com/2012/11/creamy-italian-salad-dressing.html

Salads are a super weight loss food … until you put the dressing on top. Most salad dressings are loaded with fat and calories.

But this rich and creamy salad dressing is a much healthier option. Not only is it lower in refined fats, but it contains no cholesterol, and it’s higher in fiber than any salad dressing you’ll find on the supermarket shelf.

With this zippy dressing, there is no need to skimp … Pour it on!

This zippy dressing is much lower in refined fat and higher in fiber than most creamy Italian dressings.
Author: Jennifer’s Kitchen

Ingredients

2/3 cup water
2/3 cup raw cashews or raw, blanched almonds
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated garlic or 1 clove garlic
1/3 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons dried basil
2 teaspoons onion powder or granulated onion
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried minced or chopped onion – optional
1 1/2 teaspoons salt

Instructions

Place water, cashews, lemon juice, and garlic into blender and blend on high speed until very smooth and creamy.
Add oil and seasonings and blend well.
Chill.
Stir before using.

What About Fat-Free Salad Dressings?

Since the oil and fat found in store-bought dressings is … well … fattening, many think they are making a better choice by opting for low-fat or fat-free dressing. Unfortunately, these are not good options either since the ingredients used to replace the fat in these dressings are often unhealthful and may actually encourage weight gain. What’s more, research has found that many of the nutrients in healthy foods, such as vegetables, cannot be absorbed unless the food is accompanied by some fat.

What to eat?! This Creamy Italian Dressing is the perfect solution. : ) It offers naturally healthy, plant-based fats that will actually help with weight loss.
Hate Vegetables?

By the way, this Creamy Italian Salad Dressing is a great tool for making those “yucky” vegetables taste pretty good. Serve it over steamed broccoli, carrots, greens, cabbage, or cauliflower. Creamy Italian Dressing also makes a healthful topping for potatoes.

And pile it on! It’s good for you … and it’s not fattening!

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1