Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fruit Jellies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Fruit Jellies Empty
PostSubject: Fruit Jellies   Fruit Jellies EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:15 am

These colorful fruit jellies are simple to make and fun to eat. Try one of these flavor combinations: apple juice and apricot preserves; grape juice and jam; pomegranate juice and raspberry preserves; and strawberry-apple juice and strawberry jam.
Everyday Food, December 2010

Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes plus chilling
Yield Makes about 60 pieces

Ingredients

1 1/3 cups fruit juice (any flavor) or water
4 packets powdered gelatin (1 ounce total)
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 cups fruit preserves or jam

Directions

Place 2/3 cup juice in a small bowl or measuring cup and sprinkle with gelatin. Let sit 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine remaining 2/3 cup juice and 1 1/2 cups of the sugar. Bring to a boil over medium-high and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves, 5 minutes. Add preserves and whisk to combine. Return to a boil and cook until thick and syrupy, 2 minutes. Add gelatin mixture and whisk until gelatin dissolves. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into an 8-inch square baking dish. Refrigerate until set, 3 hours (or up to 2 weeks).
Place remaining 1 cup sugar in a pie plate or shallow bowl. Cut fruit jelly into 1-inch squares. Toss in sugar to coat just before serving.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Fruit Jellies Empty
PostSubject: Jellies   Fruit Jellies EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:21 am

Citric acid and flavored oils and extracts are available at baking-supply stores.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1995/1996

Yield Makes 85 to 90
Ingredients

Apricot Jelly Flavoring
Spoiler:
Cranberry Jelly Flavoring
Spoiler:
Fig Jelly Flavoring
Spoiler:
Grape Jelly Flavoring
Spoiler:
Pineapple Jelly Flavoring
Spoiler:
Rose Jelly Flavoring
Spoiler:
2 ounces gelatin (plus 1 more ounce if making pineapple jellies)
2 cups water
4 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon citric acid
1 cup superfine or confectioners' sugar
Vegetable-oil cooking spray

Directions

Spray two 8-inch square pans with vegetable-oil spray. Prepare flavoring.
In a 6-quart saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over 2 cups water; let gelatin soften for about 3 minutes. Add granulated sugar and citric acid. Heat slowly over low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, until sugar has dissolved, about 10 minutes. Wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to remove any sugar crystals.
Increase heat to high; bring gelatin to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and boil gelatin, without stirring, 15 minutes. The syrup needs to be watched while it boils; if it starts to turn dark tan before the 15 minutes, it is ready. Remove from heat.
Let stand for 5 minutes while bubbles dissipate; some white foam will remain. Whisk in flavoring. Without scraping pot, pour evenly into prepared pans. Let stand, uncovered, for 24 hours. Unmold, cut into 1-inch squares or other desired shapes; roll in superfine or confectioners' sugar, and serve.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Fruit Jellies
Page 1 of 1