Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse Empty
PostSubject: 2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse   2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:21 pm

INSTANT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE (CHOCOLATE CHANTILLY)
http://cafefernando.com/the-best-chocolate-mousse-of-your-life-under-5-minutes/#more-715
Recipe by Herve This & Heston Blumenthal

Ingredients

4 servings

9.35 ounces (265 grams) bittersweet (%70 cocoa solids) chocolate, chopped (preferably Valrhona Guanaja)
1 cup (240 ml) water
4 tbsp sugar, optional

Method

1. Place a large mixing bowl on top of another slightly smaller one, filled with ice and cold water (the bottom of the large bowl should touch the ice). Set aside.
  2. Put chocolate and water (also sugar and/or liquor if you’re using) in a medium-sized pan and melt the chocolate over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
  3. Pour the melted chocolate into the mixing bowl sitting on top of ice and water, and start whisking with a wire whisk (or an electrical hand-held mixer) until thick. Watch the texture as you whip and make sure not to over-whip as it will make the mousse grainy. If the mousse becomes grainy (which is possible at your first try), transfer it back into the pan, reheat until half of it is melted, pour it back to the mixing bowl and whisk again briefly.
  4. Divide into four serving cups and serve immediately.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

2 Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
Page 1 of 1