Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Single Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Single Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Empty
PostSubject: Single Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie   Single Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:08 pm

http://prudentbaby.com/2012/04/entertaining-food/one-minuteone-cookie-how-to-make-a-single-microwave-chocolate-chip-cookie-in-a-minute/

One Minute/One Cookie: How to Make a Single Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie in A Minute

Oh, how we love making ourselves single serve treats in cups and mugs and plates using our microwave. Our Cup of Coffee Cake (in under five minutes) is our most popular post of all time, and 2-Minute French Toast in a Cup isn’t far behind. Now we have a recipe for a one-minute microwave chocolate chip cookie on a plate. This could not be easier.

Now, a microwave cookie is not going to have a crispy browned exterior like a baked cookie, so don’t expect it to be exactly the same as your mom’s famous recipe. But what it does have is ooey, gooey, melty chocolate chips. And it can be ready in a minute. And you can make just one at a time. So it’s got some things going for it.

Let’s get to making a microwave chocolate chip cookie on a plate…

Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Use a mug or bowl to mix your ingredients, and a plate to cook your cookie.

Start with one tablespoon of butter. Soften it in the microwave for 6-8 seconds. Add a teaspoon and a half of sugar and a teaspoon of packed brown sugar (I used light brown). Stir them together with a fork until light and fluffy. Add a single drop of vanilla and mix again.

Now you want to add some egg. You only need a teaspoon or two of egg, so you can crack one, stir it up, and seperate out your bit for the cookie and use the rest to scramble. Or, if you are quickly becoming a microwave-baking-afficiando like myself, you could keep a carton of egg whites on hand, and just add a teaspoon from there. Mix.

Now add 2 tablespoons of all purpose flour, a pinch of baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine.

Now add your chocolate chips and stir again. Remove your cookie dough to a plate, just dollop it in the center.

Microwave for 40 seconds. If it doesn’t look done yet, add another five seconds at a time. My microwave does my cookie perfectly in 45 seconds.

Eat.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Single Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie Empty
PostSubject: Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup   Single Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie EmptyFri Aug 17, 2012 4:35 am

http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2012/03/chocolate-chip-cookie-in-cup.html
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup

Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite, and my kids' favorite too. So, after seeing a few recipes for individual cakes and brownies made in the microwave, I was inspired to develop a recipe to make our favorite treat in just a few minutes. My kiddos are going crazy over this chocolate chip cookie in a cup, and the best part is how easy and quick it is to make. Ok, let's get down to business.

Melt one tablespoon of butter in a microwave safe mug. Add one tablespoon of white sugar, one tablespoon of brown sugar, a few drops of vanilla and a pinch of kosher salt.

Stir those together, I found a fork to be easy to use. Then add one egg yolk. Stir again. You will have a soupy mixture.

Measure a scant {slightly less than full} 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, stir to combine.

Now your mixture should start to look like cookie dough.

Add two tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Also known as, 1/8 of a cup. My 1/4 cup was handy, so I used that and filled it halfway.

Give a final stir, and pop your mug in the microwave for 40-60 seconds depending on your microwave. Start checking for doneness at the 40 second mark. You'll know it's ready when it looks like a cookie!

Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup
created by Melissa at No. 2 Pencil

1 Tablespoon Butter
1 Tablespoon Granulated White Sugar
1 Tablespoon of firmly packed Dark Brown Sugar
3 Drops of Vanilla Extract
Small Pinch of Kosher Salt
1 Egg Yolk (discard the egg white)
Scant 1/4 of All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoons of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips

Start by melting your butter in the microwave. Add sugars, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine. Separate your egg and add the yolk only to your cup. Stir to combine. Add flour, then stir again. Add the chocolate chips, and give a final stir. Cook in microwave 40-60 seconds, start checking for doneness at 40 seconds. Mine takes 50 seconds.

Serve warm.

There you have it, a homemade chocolate chip cookie in just a few minutes...and no mess to clean up.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Single Microwave Chocolate Chip Cookie
Page 1 of 1