Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Bars

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Bars  Empty
PostSubject: Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Bars    Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Bars  EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 7:16 am

Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Bars (Oil-Free + White Sugar Free with Just 4 Ingredients)

This time I made a Double Chocolate Oat Bar! I experimented making these bars using only 4 ingredients. I wanted to see how much I could simplify it. Out of 4 ingredients, 2 are chocolate and the remaining 2 or oats and banana!

Considering how simple they are with just 4 ingredients, these bars taste rich and chocolaty. They can satisfy even the strongest chocolate cravings Smile They are mildly sweet and slightly bitter from the dark chocolate and cocoa. Make sure to use overripe sweet bananas for best results. These bars chewy and soft and almost like cake. They are super quick and easy to make.

Since it’s been very hot here in Bangalore right now, I refrigerated these bars and they taste almost like candy bars when cold! Freeze them and they’ll taste even better! My Banana hating brother certified these bars as ‘delicious!’ and said he can hardly taste the bananas in them.

Chewy and soft and almost like cake

Notes:

This is a Gluten Free friendly recipe if you use GF oats and GF chocolate chips.

Add nuts of your choice for a different variation.
Add 1/4 cup oil of your choice for crispier bars.
Add 1/4 cup of sugar/honey for sweeter bars.

Can satisfy even the strongest chocolate cravings Smile

Ingredients:

3 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cup mashed bananas
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup unsweetned cocoa

Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius.

Combine everything together and mix well with your hand to form a sticky dough.

Pour it into greased shallow baking pan and press it well with your hands.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Wait for them to cool down completely before you cut them. Store them in the refrigerator for best results.

http://www.lovefoodeat.com/vegan-double-chocolate-oat-bars-oil-free-white-sugar-free-with-just-4-ingredients/
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Vegan Double Chocolate Oat Bars
Page 1 of 1