Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Classic Fudge - The super food way

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Classic Fudge - The super food way Empty
PostSubject: Classic Fudge - The super food way   Classic Fudge - The super food way EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:46 am

http://skinnyms.com/holiday-fudge/

Classic Fudge – The Super Foods Way

Yield: Servings 30
Nutritional Content 1 serving = 1 piece of fudge
Calories: 114 g Total Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 5 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 21 mg Carbohydrates: 13 g Sugars: 10 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Protein: 1 g
Data may not be accurate.

Ingredients

2-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips (grain sweetened, SunSpire chips was used in this recipe)
1/2 cup lite coconut milk (canned, not in a carton)
1/4 cup raw honey (I used Pure Raw Honey of Fruitwood Orchards...has a mild taste)
Dash of sea salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

Add chocolate chips, coconut milk, honey and salt, stir to combine. Cover and cook on low 2 hours without stirring. It's important that lid remain on during this 2 hours.

After 2 hours, turn slow cooker off, uncover, add vanilla and stir to combine ingredients. Allow to cool in uncovered slow cooker, until fudge has reached room temperature...approximately 1 hour. Using a large spoon, stir vigorously for 5-10 minutes until it loses some the gloss.

Lightly spray a 1 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Pour fudge into dish, cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Cut into 30 pieces.

Note: We use grain sweetened chocolate chips. If you can't find these try Ghiradelli 60% bittersweet.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Classic Fudge - The super food way
Page 1 of 1