Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub Empty
PostSubject: Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub   Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:01 am

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1 1/4 cup Sugar
3 Tbsp Lime or Lemon Juice {fresh is best!}

Put all into a jar and stir.

Second:
Grab your scrub, a razor, & jar of coconut oil. Fill up the tub and soak for about 5 minutes.

Third:
Use the below shaving technique for the softest, smooooothest legs!

~Shave 1st leg using straight coconut oil.
~Take a palmful of your Homemade Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub & scrub that leg, then rinse.
~Shave your leg again. Yeppers, you got that right...again.
~Repeat with other leg.
~After your bath, dry off and apply a small amount of straight coconut oil as lotion, or use your favorite lotion.

Additional Thoughts:
~The first time you shave, it will remove the hair. After applying the scrub which loosens dead skin cells, the second shave removes that nastiness. Rinse your razor often, you will see why. Honestly, I was a bit horrified at what came off my legs!

~Why skip shaving gels/lotions and use coconut oil instead? Well, it is healthy natural product. I do not get bumps on my legs anymore after switching to natural soap and shaving with coconut oil. If you think about it, those gels that come in a can and that foam up are full of all kinds of chemicals and artificial ingredients. When you go and shave, making small nicks in the skin, those ingredients then go right in and cause irritation. It reminds me of when I was allergy tested as a kid...ever have that done? They put the irritant that you may be allergic to on your skin, then make a small pin prick- nick, then measure the irritation to determine if you are allergic. Goes to show that what you put on your skin topically does effect the body more than one would think!

~My fav razor is a Mach 3 Gillette. I have been using it for years. Even with all the fancy smancy lady like razors out there, I still prefer my Gillette. Yes, the refill blades are expensive, but they last forever and I love how close of a shave I get with this razor! Plus, I have a thing for black and silver...

~I also use coconut oil as a lotion. Why? Again, the natural factor. I love how it makes my skin feel. I love that I don't have to spend all kinds of money on different lotions full of ingredients that I really don't want on my skin. I love that it is a minimalist approach, no more beauty lotion clutter in my house! I buy organic coconut oil at Trader Joes. This link will take you to the brand I used before TJ's came to town, it is a great brand and price on Amazon.

~This scrub is awesome for all parts of the body. I even used it on my face! If you get a little on your lips, at least it tastes yummy!

~I keep this in the refrigerator. These pics are of the scrub just out of the refrigerator. It is more liquid/oily if it is at room temp. Coconut oil solidifies at a certain temp, so the consistency of the scrub depends on the room temperature. It works well no matter what consistency, but you can use less if it is in a more solid state.

~I plan on using this technique often--not every time I shave my legs, but whenever I want to give my skin an extra pampering. I WILL use the scrub all over quite often, as I love how it makes my skin feel.

~I skipped putting lotion on after using this scrub. I found after I dried off that my skin was super soft and smooth and didn't need it. In the winter this might change. I ran around giddy making my whole family feel my super soft legs. They thought I was a bit nutty, but boy does this scrub make me happy!

http://amy-newnostalgia.blogspot.com/2012/06/coconut-lime-sugar-scrub-shaving.html
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub
Page 1 of 1