Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beef and Bean Casserole

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Beef and Bean Casserole Empty
PostSubject: Beef and Bean Casserole   Beef and Bean Casserole EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 pm

http://www.recipe.com/beef-and-bean-taco-casserole/
Servings: 5
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Ingredients on sale: 5

Ingredients

1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
1 can (16 ounce) Old El PasoŽ refried beans
1 jar (16 ounce) Old El PasoŽ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
1 package (1 ounce) Old El PasoŽ 40% less-sodium taco seasoning mix
2 1/2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped (3/4 cup)
4 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
1 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
1 cup shredded lettuce

Directions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in refried beans, salsa, and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat to medium. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
2. In ungreased 2-quart casserole, place 2 cups of the broken tortilla chips. Top evenly with beef mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper, onions, 1 cup of the tomato, the cheese, and olives.
3. Bake uncovered 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly and cheese is melted. Top baked casserole with lettuce, remaining 1/2 cup tomato, and remaining 1/2 cup tortilla chips.

Tip:
This is an easy recipe to take and bake. Just save the toppings to take and serve with the hot casserole. In place of the cheddar cheese, try using a taco-flavored cheese.

Nutrition information
Per serving: 1 Serving (1 1/2 Cups): Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 220), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 1720mg; Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 6g), Protein 29g; Percent Daily Value: Vitamin A 35.00%; Vitamin C 25.00%; Calcium 20.00%; Iron 25.00%; Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 3 Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Beef and Bean Casserole
Page 1 of 1