Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Autumn Leaf Wrapped Roses

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Autumn Leaf Wrapped Roses Empty
PostSubject: Autumn Leaf Wrapped Roses   Autumn Leaf Wrapped Roses EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 5:07 am

http://www.designsponge.com/2011/10/diy-project-autumn-leaf-bouquet.html

Materials

10 colorful maple leaves per flower in various sizes (they should be dry & freshly fallen, so they are pliable)
short twigs
scissors
floral tape

Instructions
1. Using one of the smaller leaves, place the colorful side down and fold the points in. Begin to roll the leaf from one side.
2. Take a second leaf and fold the center point down. Place the first rolled leaf in the center, fold down the side points on the second leaf and wrap both sides around the first “bud.”
3. Continue to add leaves, rotating the flower as you go to get an even size. Work with the smaller leaves at the center and the larger ones toward the outside. When you rotate, it also helps to keep the petals tucked in so that it doesn’t unravel.
4. When you have added all your leaves or reached the desired size, pinch the leaf stems tightly and begin to wrap with florist tape. Trim the stem ends by cutting with scissors.
5. Finally, if you are wanting a “long stem,” use a stick and attach to the flower by wrapping it with a bit more florist tape.
6. You’re done!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Autumn Leaf Wrapped Roses
Page 1 of 1