Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Model Magic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Model Magic Empty
PostSubject: Model Magic   Model Magic EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:55 am

http://www.southernasbiscuits.com/2011/11/homemade-model-magic.html

We had fun making the modeling clay and the model! I added food coloring to tint. It worked, but know that for strong color, you'll need stronger coloring gels. We painted our model with craft paint.

DIY Model Magic

Ingredients

2 cups baking soda
1 cup corn starch
1 1/2 cups cold water

Instructions

Combine 2 cups of baking soda, 1 cup of cornstarch and 1 1/2 cups of cold water in a pan. Stir the ingredients until you have a smooth consistency.

Place the pan over your stove on medium heat. Stir the mixture until it boils.

Continue stirring to remove any lumps. Set a pan cover slightly askew and cook the mixture until it has the consistency of mashed potatoes. Keep a close watch on the pan and stir every few minutes to avoid burning the mixture.

Pour the mixture into a large bowl. Saturate a kitchen towel in cold water and wring out so it is damp rather than dripping. Place the towel over the mixture and allow it to cool.

Note: Do not be tempted to eat the dough! It looks just like frosting! My kids were begging to try a taste. I'm sure this is what is piped onto those great-looking demo cakes in the Dewey's Bakery window.

Sprinkle cornstarch on a clean kitchen surface and knead the mixture once it has cooled. Knead the mixture until pliable, then use as desired. Knead in more corn starch, a little at a time, as needed if the dough is too "wet". Keeping a damp kitchen towel over the extra dough, it will keep for some time. It has kept two weeks so far for us, and counting. We've been making Christmas ornaments with the rest.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Model Magic
Page 1 of 1