Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kahlua Fudge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Kahlua Fudge Empty
PostSubject: Kahlua Fudge   Kahlua Fudge EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:39 pm

http://laphemmephoodie.com/2011/03/kahlua-fudge.html

Making this fudge has been on my to-do list for a little over three months. My Aunt C makes it for our family Christmas party. Last December I was so eager to make it that I messaged her right after our party to beg her for the recipe. She obliged and then I promptly forgot that I had this treasure on my to-do list. I recently found the recipe and set out to make it.

It makes a lot of fudge. I gave most of it away because it was simply too much to keep in the house. I wish I would’ve taken pictures of the faces of those I bestowed this sweet treat upon. To say they were excited would be an understatement.

I love this recipe for several reasons. It’s gluten-free and egg-free which makes it appealing to this wheat and egg intolerant foodie. It’s easy and ready in very little time. I did have a small “incident” when I was boiling the the fudge. The original recipe calls for you to use a 2 quart saucepan. I followed the recipe and within one minute of the rapid boil saw the mixture start to boil over the side. I quickly switched to a 3 1/2 quart saucepan and was able to rescue the batch.

Make sure that you really boil the fudge. If it is still sticky after it is firm it’s because it didn’t hard boil hard or long enough. My aunt told me that she has made more than one batch at a time and one would be perfect and the other was sticky. Also, don’t walk away while it’s boiling. It burns very quickly and once the heat is off it starts to harden very quickly.

Kahlua Creamy Fudge (Adapted from Food.com)

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 (7 0z) jar marshmallow creme*
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/4 cup salted butter
1/3 cup Kahlua
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate pieces
1 cup milk chocolate pieces
2/3 cup chopped walnuts, roasted**
1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:

Line an 8 inch square pan with baking foil.

In a 3 1/2 quart saucepan combine sugar, marshmallow, milk, butter, Kahlua and salt. Bring to a rapid boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add all chocolate. Stir until melted. Add nuts and vanilla. Turn into prepared pan.

Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes and then refrigerate until firm. To serve cut into squares.

Serving: Approximately 2 1/2 pounds

*Note that this recipe is only egg-free if you are using egg-free marshmallow creme.

**Roasting the walnuts will intensify their flavor. Bake the walnuts on a prepared baking sheet at 350º F for 5-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Kahlua Fudge
Page 1 of 1