Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

English Digestive Biscuits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

English Digestive Biscuits Empty
PostSubject: English Digestive Biscuits   English Digestive Biscuits EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 7:39 pm

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/king-arthurs-english-digestive-biscuits-recipe

These biscuits were developed during the latter part of the 19th century to increase fiber in Victorian diets, something that might be appealing to you at the beginning of the New Year. Digestive Biscuits are really just sophisticated graham crackers and are very simple to make. They are delicious with tea and fruit.

1/2 cup (2 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) King Arthur Traditional Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces) unsalted butter at room temperature
3/4 cup (3 ounces) confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup (2 ounces) cold milk

Preheat your oven to 350°F.

Measure the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. With a pastry blender, two knives, or your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mixture. Toss in the sugar and enough milk to make a stiff dough.

Knead this mixture on a floured surface until smooth. (All this can be done almost instantly in a food processor.) Roll the dough out to a bit more than 1/8 inch thick and cut into any desired shape. Traditionally, digestive biscuits are round and about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on greased cookie sheets, prick evenly with a fork, and bake until pale gold, between 15 and 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

English Digestive Biscuits
Page 1 of 1