Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Firming Night Cream

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Firming Night Cream Empty
PostSubject: Firming Night Cream   Firming Night Cream EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 4:15 pm

https://blog.paleohacks.com/diy-skin-firming-night-cream/

Camellia japonica (CJ) is the main active ingredient in this DIY face cream, giving it its unique skin-firming abilities. This oil may be relatively unfamiliar to you when thinking of anti-aging, but it exhibits potent collagen-stimulating properties. The oil, extracted from an exotic flowering tree native to Korea and Japan, can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles caused by the aging process (2). If that’s not enough, CJ oil can also be useful for treating inflammation – caused by eczema or oxidative stress – with rich fatty acids that help soothe your skin (3).
The base of this cream is unrefined shea butter. Shea butter is widely used in the beauty world for its emollient and skin-soothing properties. Clinical trials using shea butter, show that it is a promising moisturizer. Its antioxidant content can help soothe skin conditions associated with atopic dermatitis and even psoriasis (4).

The final ingredient is a widely known plant-based moisturizer called aloe vera. This clear gel is readily absorbed by the skin to give this night cream a lighter gel-like texture. Aloe vera is commonly found in products that treat potential damage caused by sunburn with its unique antioxidants. It also helps stimulate collagen and elastin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles (5).

To make this firming cream, melt the shea butter in a double boiler. Remove from heat and allow the shea butter to turn opaque. Tip: You can set it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes to speed up the cooling process. Next, vigorously whisk in the aloe vera and camellia japonica oil, just like you would whipped cream. Once well blended and creamy, pour into a small jar. Use nightly for best results.

Total time:15 MINS
Cook Time: 10 mins
Prep Time: 5 mins
Serves: 2.5 oz

DIY Skin-Firming Night Cream

Recipe by:author Jennafer Ashley
This 3-ingredient skin-firming night cream will plump, moisturize, and help restore your skin's elasticity.
Tools
Double boiler
Whisk
Small jar
Ingredients
1/3 cup shea butter
3 T aloe vera gel
2 T camellia japonica oil
Instructions
Melt the shea butter using a double boiler. Remove from the heat and let the shea butter cool to room temperature or until its color turns opaque.
Whisk in the aloe vera gel and camellia japonica oil until combined. When creamy, pour the mixture into a small jar with a lid.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Firming Night Cream
Page 1 of 1