Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Silky Smooth Bean Fudge

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Silky Smooth Bean Fudge Empty
PostSubject: Silky Smooth Bean Fudge   Silky Smooth Bean Fudge EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 12:51 am

http://wholenewmom.com/recipes/silky-smooth-bean-fudge/
Silky Smooth Bean Fudge

Ingredients:

3 1/2 cups cooked beans (the equivalent of 2 cans. Preferably, use soaked beans, prepared with ajwain**; the epazote may impart too much flavor for your liking)
3/4 cup coconut oil (use coconut oil w/o coconut flavor or taste (i.e. expeller pressed) to avoid excessive coconut flavor)
3/4 cup carob or cocoa powder
1/2 cup sweetener, to taste (granulated or liquid. The resulting product will be fine regardless. I used a combination of vegetable glycerine and granulated ACD safe sweetener.)
6 scoops pure stevia extract (3/16 tsp), to taste*
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt

*Note, pure stevia extract comes with a scoop that measures 1/32 tsp. So 3/16 tsp = 6 scoops You can omit stevia and add extra of the other sweeteners as well. Add about 6-12 Tbsp sweetener as a substitute for the pure stevia.

**Find at Mountain Rose Herbs

Method:

1. Put all ingredients in high-powered blender (like a Vitamix) or food processor and process until totally smooth. Adjust sweetener to taste at this point. Spread the mixture in an 8×8 pan, pressing down firmly. Place in refrigerator(if you do not eat it all :-) ), for at least one hour or until firm. Slice into squares and serve.

2. Store in the refrigerator or in the freezer for longer storage or for a frozen fudgey treat. They will defrost nicely on the counter or in the refrigerator. Do not use the microwave (you’re backing off using that anyway, aren’t you?) or you will have fudge sauce.

Notes & Tips:

Carob and Cocoa: Feel free to adjust the amount of carob or cocoa that you use to your taste. Use the full amount for a really rich taste, half for a nice mellow flavor, or cut it to 1/3 of the amount for a smooth, ultra-light fudge. If you really want to “go for the gusto”, double it. Carob has an inherent sweetness so you will probably need more sweetener if you use cocoa. And if you choose to double the cocoa, don’t eat it too close to bedtime :-) .
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Silky Smooth Bean Fudge
Page 1 of 1