Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Macramé Throw

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Macramé Throw Empty
PostSubject: Macramé Throw   Macramé Throw EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 7:20 pm

Macramé Throw
Supplies
1 pair of scissors
1 cotton jersey t-shirts (You can start the throw with 1 t-shirt, but you can add more t-shirts as you acquire them to make the throw bigger.)
1 ruler

How-To
1. Determine your color palette, striped pattern, and width of the throw.
2. Lay a t-shirt flat on your work surface.
3. Cut the bottom hem of the shirt off and set it aside.
4. Cut 1 ½” wide strips horizontally from a t-shirt following the hem. Continue cutting strips all the way up to the sleeves. You will end up with cloth loops.
5. Stretch the loops out. This will lengthen the loop and curl in the raw edges of the strips.
6. Cut each loop to create strands.
7. Cut the hem loop open. The hem strand should be at least as long as the desired width of the throw. If it isn’t then lengthen it by attaching another strip to it with an overhand knot.
8. Using overhand knots, attach the strands to the hem strand, spacing each strand ½” – 1” apart until the strands span your desired width.
9. Grasp the two left most strands.
10. Using overhand an overhand knot time them together.
11. Grasp the next two strands and tie those together, again using an overhand knot. Continue till you finish the tying all the strands. If you have a remaining odd strand, you can remove it or add another strand to the hem strand make an overhand knot.
12. Starting from the left again, skip the first strand. Grasp the second and third strand and tie those together allowing ½” – 1” space between this knot and the previous row of knots. Continue knotting this row. There will be one odd strand at the both ends of this row.
13. Starting from the left again. Grasp the first two strands and tie those together allowing ½” – 1” space between this knot and the first row of knots. Continue knotting this row.
14. Repeat steps 12 and 13 until the stands are about 6” long. If you have more stands available simply overlap the stands and continue knotting. There will be loose tag ends. These can be cut off later.
15. Repeat steps 12-14 until you use up all your strands or reach the desired length. You can remove the hem strand anytime after you’ve finished three row of knots but untying the strands from the hem strand.
16. To finish the throw cut the ends of the strands to the same length forming a fringe.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Macramé Throw
Page 1 of 1