Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Crochet - Picnic Place Mat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Crochet - Picnic Place Mat Empty
PostSubject: Crochet - Picnic Place Mat   Crochet - Picnic Place Mat EmptySat May 26, 2012 5:20 pm

Materials:

Yarn: Lily® Sugar’n Cream® (70.9 g / 2.5 oz) Quantity for 4 Placemats.

Color A - #00095 Red 5¾ oz [161 g]; 274 yds [248 m] or 3 balls
Color B - #00001 White 6½ oz [180 g]; 306 yds [278 m] or 3 balls
Color C - #00009 Bright Navy 5¾ oz [161 g]; 274 yds [248 m] or 3 balls

Crochet Hook: Size 5 mm (U.S. H or Cool crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.

Size: Approx 16¾ x 14¼ ins [42.5 x 36 cm]

Gauge: 13 dc and 7 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].

Instructions:

Note: Placemat and pockets are worked sideways. (make 2) To change color, work to last 2 loops on hook at end of row. With new color, draw through 2 loops on hook, then proceed. Ch 3 at beg of row counts as dc.

With A, ch 47.
1st row: 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 2 dc). 1 dc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 45 dc.
**2nd and 3rd rows: Ch 3. 1 dc in each dc to end of row. Join B. Turn.
4th to 6th rows: With B, ch 3. 1 dc in each dc to end of row. Join A at end of 6th row. Turn.
7th to 9th rows: With A, ch 3. 1 dc in each dc to end of row. Join B at end of 9th row. Turn**.
Rep last 6 rows 3 times more, omitting color change at end of last row. Fasten off.

Pocket (make 1 for each Placemat)
With A, ch 20.
1st row: 1 dc in 4th ch from hook (counts as 2 dc). 1 dc in each ch to end of ch. Turn. 18 sts. Work from * to * as given for Placemet. Fasten off at end of 9th row.

Pocket Edging: With RS facing, join A with sl st to top right corner of Pocket. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. * Ch 1. 1 sc in next dc post. Rep from * across. 1 sc in same post as last sc. Fasten off.

FINISHING
Sew Pocket to Placemat as shown in picture.

EDGING
With RS facing, join A with sl st, to middle left side of Placemat.
1st rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. 1 sc in each st along left side. 3 sc in corner. 1 sc in next dc post. *Ch 1. 1 sc in next dc post. Rep from * to next corner, working through both thicknesses where Pocket is placed. 3 sc in corner. 1 sc in each st along right side. 3 sc in corner. 1 sc in next st. **Ch 1. 1 sc in next dc post. Rep from ** to next corner. 3 sc in corner. 1 sc in each st along left side to first sc. Join with sl st in first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as last sl st. 1 sc in each sc and ch-1 around, working 3 sc in corners. Join with sl st in first sc. Do not fasten off. Cont for Ties.

Ties: *Ch 41. Sl st in 2nd ch from hook. Sl st in each ch to end of ch. Sl st in Placemat. Rep from * once more. Fasten off.

http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet/Rolling-Place-Mats-Crochet-Pattern/ml/1
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Crochet - Picnic Place Mat
Page 1 of 1