Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ghostly Peeps Brownies and more

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Ghostly Peeps Brownies and more Empty
PostSubject: Ghostly Peeps Brownies and more   Ghostly Peeps Brownies and more EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 8:13 pm

http://homeiswheretheboatis.wordpress.com/2011/10/27/ghostly-peeps-fun/

Quote :
My surplus of Halloween PEEPS® have been haunting me. . . so I decided some Brownie S’mores would be a timely treat~

In addition to these apparitions, you need your favorite brownie mix or recipe along with these ingredients for your graham cracker crust:

I stick of unsalted butter, melted
1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons sugar
Pinch of salt

Press the crumb mixture evenly over the bottom of a well-buttered 8 x 8 pan~ the scarily perfect size for 3 rows of 4 marshmallow ghosts.
Bake crust 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

Pour your brownie batter on top of the graham cracker crust and bake according to recipe/mix directions.
I added a layer of chocolate chips during the 5 minutes of baking time for more chocolatey-s’more-goodness and to help the marshmallow spooks stick to the brownies~

Place your PEEPS® Ghosts on top your chocolate chip/brownie layer and broil very briefly~ don’t walk away~ or the results will be frightening Smile

I experimented with the placement of the oven rack under the broiler. After several attempts it became apparent the hand-stamped sugared faces didn’t stand a ghost of chance~ melting immediately~ so I added mini chocolate chips to replace the nose & eyes.

I also scared up some Brownie S’mores in individual jars for a sweet treat~

A fun serving size in 4 0z jars I picked up at Target this fall or also in half pint size jars for larger appetites~

You can adjust your ratio of brownie-to-graham cracker crust to your liking for the half pint size jars or add more chocolate chips~

Almost 100 million Halloween PEEPS® are manufactured each year with production beginning in April for these seasonal marshmallow treats.
Their long shelf life make them ideal for Hot Cocoa~

Halloween PEEPS® Hot Chocolate fun~

Orange Hot Chocolate
10 Servings~
Ingredients

12 oz. premium white chocolate
8 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
orange food color

Coarsely chop the premium white chocolate, transfer to a medium-size heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat milk in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, until bubbles begin to form at edge of surface, about 4 minutes.
Immediately pour milk over chocolate.

When chocolate begins to melt, stir until combined. Whisk in vanilla extract and orange food color to desired shade; whisk until a light foam forms on surface. Pour into 10 mugs and serve immediately.
~recipe from Halloween Tricks and Treats by Matthew Mead

Watch these ghosts vanish before your very eyes Smile

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Ghostly Peeps Brownies and more
Page 1 of 1