Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dark Fudge Brownies

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Dark Fudge Brownies Empty
PostSubject: Dark Fudge Brownies   Dark Fudge Brownies EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 6:12 am

Mom’s Dark Fudge Brownies

1 (15-ounce) can unseasoned black beans
(If using dried beans, a 15-ounce can is about 1 2/3 cups of beans. Just soak beans overnight, cook 1 cup of dried and measure out 1 2/3 cups. You will have a
little extra.)

4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 tablespoon light butter
6 egg whites
2 cups sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons rich cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350º. Spray a 9x13” pan with nonstick vegetable spray. Place the beans in a colander and rinse thoroughly under running water to remove "slime"; set aside and drain. Place the chocolate and light butter in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave for 60 to 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. In a food processor or blender add the drained beans and 2 egg whites. Blend or process until smooth. Make sure beans are smooth (like frosting) or you will taste them in the brownies. In a large bowl combine the bean puree, sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and the remaining egg whites. With an electric mixer, beat until well combined. Mix in the melted chocolate. Pour the brownie mixture into a prepared pan. Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the brownie batter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until the brownie pulls away from the sides of the pan. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into bars

http://preparedness365.blogspot.com/2011/06/food-storage-friendly-friday-meal-idea_03.html
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Dark Fudge Brownies
Page 1 of 1