Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild Mushroom and Herb Tart

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Wild Mushroom and Herb Tart Empty
PostSubject: Wild Mushroom and Herb Tart   Wild Mushroom and Herb Tart EmptyMon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 am

http://g0lubka.blogspot.com/2011_12_01_archive.html

(Makes about one 9" circular and one 5"x13" rectangular tart)
Crust
2 1/2 cups almonds - soaked overnight, skin removed for lighter color (optional)
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 cup ground golden flax seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt
2-3 tablespoons purified water

Mix all the crust ingredients in a food processor until smooth, adding more water if needed. Press the dough into your tart shells, preferably with removable bottoms. Distribute the dough evenly against the sides and bottom of the shell. Place the tart shell(s) in the dehydrator for 4-5 hours. Gently remove the shell from the mold, and put it back onto a screen-lined dehydrator tray. Dehydrate for another 8-10 hours until completely dry and crispy.

Filling
A mix of different types of mushrooms, we used chanterelle, shiitake, crimini, king oyster, and brown beach mushrooms - cut into smaller pieces if necessary
A few sprigs of rosemary, sage, and thyme - optional
1/2 cup each orange, lime, and lemon juices - freshly squeezed
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon sea salt
freshly ground black pepper

Mix all marinade ingredients and pour over herbs and mushrooms. Stir to cover and marinate for 1-2 hours at room temperature. Drain.

Caramelized Onion Cream
3 medium onions - sliced thinly
juice of 1 lemon
1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
1/2 cup brown rice vinegar
1/4 cup raw light agave syrup
1 small red chili pepper - optional
2 cups almonds - soaked overnight, skin removed (optional)
1 cup cashew - soaked for 2 hours
1 clove garlic - coarsely chopped

Cover the onions with warm water and lemon juice for 30 minutes, then drain and rinse thoroughly. Combine salt, vinegar, and syrup. Pour this mixture over the onions and let sit for 30 minutes. Drain, leaving a little liquid, and spread on Teflex-lined dehydrator trays. Dehydrate at 115F for 24 hours or until crispy. Then blend the onions in a high speed blender with 1 1/2 cups of purified water, chili pepper, and a pinch of salt.
In a food processor, pulse the almonds, cashews and garlic with a pinch of salt to achieve tiny granules. In the food processor, add the onion mixture to almonds and cashew and mix until a paste-like consistency is achieved.

Assembly
Spread some of the cream on the bottom of the tart shells. Spoon mushrooms over it. Cover with more cream and garnish with herbs.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1