Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mushroom Sldier

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Mushroom Sldier Empty
PostSubject: Mushroom Sldier   Mushroom Sldier EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:52 am

and the recipe..... http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Daphne-Oz-Mushroom-Sliders-Sweet-Potato-Oven-Fries

2 tablespoons Olive Oil
3 pound Mixed Mushrooms diced (Shiitake/Portobello/Button)
1 onion (minced)
3 Sprigs Thyme (Leaves Only)
1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
1/2 cup Whole Grain Breadcrumbs
2 Eggs
Salt
Pepper
Mini Whole Wheat Buns
1/2 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese

For the Burger:
ingredients 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
3 pound Mixed Mushrooms diced (Shiitake/Portobello/Button)
1 onion (minced)
Salt
Pepper
3 Sprigs Thyme (Leaves Only)
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot add the mushrooms and onions and sauté until tender, about 8 minutes. Cook in batches if necessary. Season with salt and pepper and add the thyme, cook for 2 more minutes.

1 cup Cooked Brown Rice
1/2 cup Whole Grain Breadcrumbs
2 Eggs
Place the mushroom mixture into a large bowl and cool to room temperature. Add the rice, breadcrumbs, and the eggs and stir to combine. Form into slider sized patties.

1/2 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
Mini Whole Wheat Buns
Heat a large cast iron skillet or griddle over medium high heat. Add the sliders to the pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on the first side. Flip the burgers and top with the cheese, cook until the cheese is melted, 2 more minutes. Place each burger in a bun and serve with your favorite toppings.

Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Mushroom Sldier Empty
PostSubject: my mushroom burger   Mushroom Sldier EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:10 am

My version:

in a bowl add minced onion, minced mushrooms, (I didn't sautee mine first like Daphne did, but it seemed to work without the extra work) garlic, garlic powder, bread crumbs, brown rice, salt and pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Add 2 eggs and mix well. (I would have added thyme, if we had any)

In a fry pan melt coconut oil and add 2 patties to the pan cook a few minutes (until brown on bottom) and turn. Add cheese (I used leftover swiss my daughter picked off her sub sandwich, and she wanted icky ole american) and remove when cheese melts.

I used a regular WW bun, but think a smaller bun might be a better idea. or perhaps even bread rounds. I garnished mine with mayo and spinach leaves and my daughter garnished hers with mayo and mustard. I didn't have any tomatoes else we probably both would have added tomato.
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Mushroom Sldier
Page 1 of 1