Potpourri Americana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Potpourri Americana

I don't have a printer, so I print what I want to print here.
A collection of my personal bookmarks

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Homemade Face Moisturizer

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraea

Astraea

Number of posts : 2738
Favorite Quote : Beware the deadly donkey falling from the sky You may choose the way you live, my friend But not the way you die
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Homemade Face Moisturizer Empty
PostSubject: Homemade Face Moisturizer   Homemade Face Moisturizer EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 8:10 am

The recipe was linked up to my Anti-Procrastination Tuesday Link Party from the awesome Rebekah at Potholes and Pantyhose. She did a great, month- long series on homemade products, which is where I got this recipe. She did a price workup of this and a 2.5 ounce bottle is $.75 cents! Now that's a deal! (Click through for the price breakdown.)

4 Tbsp 100% Aloe Vera Juice (the drinkable kind)
1 tsp Vegetable Glycerine
6 drops Jojoba Oil
1/4 tsp Sweet Almond Oil

1 Container to keep the moisturizer in.

Measure all into container. You may need to use a funnel.

Before each use, shake well. This is not a creamy product, it is quite watery. Apply using a cotton pad or your clean fingertips. It will take a minute to dry, but as it does, it will absorb and leave you with soft, silky smooth skin!

If you need more moisture, just add a bit more of the oils until you get the level your specific skin type needs. The above recipe was just perfect for mine.

Here is some information for each product used in this recipe, from Rebekah's research:

Aloe Vera Gel
here are just a few things it does besides cool sunburn: kills bacteria, virus and fungus. The salicylic acid in aloe vera also acts as a pain killer. That explains why it's so soothing for burns. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.

Vegetable Glycerin
A topical remedy for a number of skin problems, including psoriasis, rashes, burns, bedsores & cuts.

Jojoba Oil
Provides all day moisture to skin. Jojoba oil doesn't evaporate like water based moisturizers can. It is theorized, but not yet proven, that because jojoba oil is so similar to human skin oil, it can "trick" the skin into thinking it has produced enough oil and thus balance oil production. It is very stable, jojoba oil does not become rancid or lose antioxidants even after long periods of storage. It spreads well and is absorbed well. The organic variety is free of pesticides, GMO's and is sustainably farmed.

Sweet Almond Oil
Almond oil is an excellent emollient and moisturizer. As an emollient it nourishes and softens the skin helping to keep it smooth to the touch. Almond oil is similar in composition to the oil baby's excrete to keep their skin and hair healthy. This composition is beneficial to protecting and conditioning your skin no matter your age. By helping the skin stay healthy it promotes a youthful skin complexion. Almond oil is frequently used to treat dry skin. It relieves itchiness, soreness, rashes, dryness, irruption and burns. Almond oil aides the skin in keeping the proper balance of moisture in the skin which is critical when treating dry skin.

For an extra special treat to your skin, use this sugar and lemon juice scrub in the video above, then follow up with Homemade Face Moisturizer. My 3 little lovelies did this with me on a recent "beauty spa day" and I was amazed at how it even made their beautiful young skin glow!
Back to top Go down
https://hydracave.forumotion.com

Page 1 of 1